Ordering your Wedding Stationery
Ordering your Wedding invitations and any other wedding stationery items directly from us is easy.
Simply Follow the instructions on this page or contact us for any more information.
Step 1 - Contact us
Step 2 - Quotation
Step 3 - Artwork & Layouts
Step 4 - Approve
Step 5 - Printing
Step 6 - Delivery
Frequently asked questions
When you order your stationery consider the date you need to send them out and how long you need to write them!
If you are ordering an existing design from Papermonkeys the turnaround times are –
• Printed designs – 10-15 working days
If you plan to use our design service plan in an extra week before to create and adjust your design. Remember to book in for your illustration as we do get very busy.
Firstly, there are lots of variations on this, I have had stationery which has been sent on behalf of the happy couple’s children, one parent, families, divorced and remarried parents and the couple themselves.
The first questions we ask our customers are always–
• Who is hosting the wedding?
• Is the wedding formal or informal?
This pretty much determines the text, see below the most popular 2 layouts in both formal and informal –
Wedding Host – (Brides parents / The couple)
Requests the pleasure of the company of / would be delighted if
At the marriage of / could join them to celebrate their marriage
Couples name? (formal version)
Wedding venue, address and time?
Followed by a reception at
Wedding reception venue, address?
Rsvp by ?
Usually 3 months before the wedding but it really depends on where the wedding is.
If your guests need to make travel arrangements you will need to send the m out earlier, the further away you are expecting them to travel the longer you need to give them to plan and save up!
Or send a save the date card to prepare them, these are usually sent as soon as you have secured your wedding venue
From experience, yes, it is easier to enclose a RSVP card, we all know how easy it is to forget to reply!
We offer a very popular postcard style card with tick boxes for all the most popular questions
• Can you attend?
• Any special dietary requirements?
• Meal choices
• Song suggestions
• And even travel arrangements
Alternatively we have also had customers who prefer to save the cash and add an rsvp e-mail, phone number or a link to their wedding website so the guests can RSVP online.
Because it’s not as expensive as you think and for an event so special why would you want an impersonal off the shelf product?
Every one of our cards are tailored to you and your budget and each card tells a story and sets the scene.
The invitation or Save the date card is the first thing your guests see and it tells a story of what your day will be like, it’s got to look good!
Whoever you choose to produce your stationery, before you order, always check;
1) the card weight used. There is nothing worse than receiving a card which is made from cheap materials.
2) Check the production methods, how is the stationery printed? This should be either;
• Professionally Printed Digital
• Lithographic Printing
Your stationery should never be printed using Domestic Inkjet Printers as the ink will run if your stationery gets wet.
All Papermonkeys products are designed and professionally printed in the North West all our Cards and papers are extremely high quality minimum 270gsm cards all sourced from UK specialist GF Smith.
Papermonkeys’ Invitations start from as little as £3 each.
Please be aware that price do increase if you are ordering small quantities
Obviously this depends on your budget and do ask the venue if they supply any items, menus or Table plans, sometimes these are included in the price you are paying for the venue.
But here is a list of the items you may need;
• Evening invites and Evening RSVP cards
• Additional information cards or booklets for your guests
(accommodation, travel arrangements etc)
• Order of Ceremony / Order of the day booklets
• Gift tags
• Favour tags
• Table name cards
• Place cards
• Table plans
• Thank you cards
The service is relatively simple and we strive to be as flexible and personable as possible. Basically our process is as follows
• Contact Papermonkeys, with an interest to use or Design Service
• We will discuss your requirements, ideas, theme and budget.
• If you are happy to proceed, pay the Design Service (typically £60-£100)
• Then we will get busy with our paintbrushes.
• After about 1 week you will receive, in .pdf form, your illustrations set within your invitation layout.
• This can be altered until you are 100% happy.
• Once you are happy, just place your order
Note: Generally this overall process takes approx 3 weeks
Sometimes we can change them or even add something to them and sometimes it’s easier to start from scratch. We can advise you on this when you make an enquiry.
Our most popular printing process is Digital Print.
The level of detail and print finish quality of digital print is very high, and on small print runs of say 50 cards, it is the most cost effective option.
Digital Printing works on most of the card weight and texture that we use.
We would advise the use of lithographic print is if;
• your stationery is to be printed onto really thick or heavily textured card
1.Papermonkeys requires a 50% deposit to confirm an order, and will not proceed with printing your order before receiving this deposit. However, if an order is urgently required, Papermonkeys may choose, at its discretion, to waive these requirements in order not to delay the final printing of the cards.
2. Papermonkeys must have received the balance of payment (a sum must have cleared) before cards will be despatched to the customer.
3. Papermonkeys accepts payment by bank transfer or via Paypal.
4. Prices are subject to change.
5. Quotations are only valid for 2 months.
6. On occasions our lead times of, 1 week for printing proofs and 21 days for receipt of card may have to be extended, the customer would be advised of this when placing an order.
7. Materials are subject to change.
8. A “proof” is an electronic file (in “pdf” format, to be read using Adobe Acrobat Reader) that shows the text to be printed, in the customer’s chosen font (typeface). A proof is not printed onto a real sample of the chosen card.
9. Whilst Papermonkeys endeavours to provide customers with proofs promptly, it is the customer’s responsibility to approve these proofs, or to inform Papermonkeys of any changes required. Papermonkeys cannot be held responsible for delays introduced by late reactions to proofs. Papermonkeys will telephone the customer, and leave a message if possible, to inform the customer that a proof has just been e-mailed or faxed.
10. When your stationery arrives, please make sure they are unpacked and inspected asap. In the unlikely event of damage occurring during transit, please notify us immediately. We strongly recommend that you examine the stationery at the time of delivery – we have your satisfaction in mind. Naturally we cannot accept liability for damages or errors if goods have been used or if you have had the stationery in your possession for more than 7 days. Delivered goods are your responsibility, if you delay accepting the delivery we will not be held responsible for any financial implications.
11.Actual printed products may differ slightly from the electronic .pdf proof due to production methods. This is unfortunately out of our control.
12. Papermonkeys products are all hand finished therefore irregularities occur from card to card this is intentional and is part of their charm, no two cards will be alike. (Only applies to hand finished products)
13. Due to the natural element involved with a lot of our materials we cannot guarantee colour matching throughout batches, this is unfortunately out of our control.
14. If a customer cannot view a proof by e-mail or fax, he/she must be aware that an extra delay is introduced by having to send a printed copy of the proof by conventional mail, for each cycle of the proofing stage. These printed copies will be sent by First Class UK mail.
15. From the point in time where the customer agrees the final proof, the cards will be printed and despatched within 14days, the customer will be advised of the despatch date and an address will be required.
16. Cards are printed in the UK. The only way to ensure fast delivery and a traceable route (e.g. a guaranteed next day, by noon, delivery) is to use Royal mail, the full cost of which will have to be borne by the customer. A standard charge of £10 applies within the UK although this may be more, dependant on the weight of the parcel; please contact us for despatch times and costs for other countries.
17. Whilst Papermonkeys will do everything it can to ensure the prompt arrival of your cards, it cannot be held liable for any delays in the postal service.
18. Customer’s personal details will only be used for Papermonkeys internal accounting and marketing purposes and will not be given or sold to any third parties.
19. Papermonkeys logo will be printed on all stationery products.
20. Papermonkeys reserves the right to use photographs of all our designs within company media website/brochures etc.